Thursday, January 6, 2011

1 Peter 4:14

I'm excited this morning. I guess I'm realizing how much I take for granted that the Spirit of the Lord does work in us 24/7. I take it for granted, and I quickly forget. But today I am reminded.

Even when I don't recognize it, the Spirit moves and changes hearts. How amazing that we get to live life with a higher power, the One that holds everything in place, the One that changes lives and surpasses death, works in my heart nonstop? I know this isn't anything new, but it's cool to stop and think about.

Luke and I have been challenging ourselves to recognize the Spirit at work in our lives. We've been pushing ourselves into acknowledge the Spirit in our lives, our flesh, the world, and the enemy. Because really, they are all at work, and figuring out which one is causing us to act is quite the battle. But good news is, the more we recognize, the more we abide, the more we fight, the easier the battle. AND THE SPIRIT WORKS 24/7 IN US! Another cool thing, the battle has already been won completely on the cross. How exciting will it be when we meet our Lord, leave this broken world where the battles go on, and live in perfect peace with Jesus, the Spirit, and God! All in one. 

So cool.

{And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18}
{for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13}



No comments: