Sunday, January 31, 2010

i made it thru an entire movie!!!


..and did not even drift off once! It sure was a good one to not sleep through, too!

Have any of you seen this movie?

"There are people who tell me I've helped him. Mental health experts who say that the simple act of being someone's friend can change his brain chemistry, improve his functioning in the world. I can't speak for Mr. Ayers in that regard. Maybe our friendship has helped him. But maybe not. I can, however, speak for myself. I can tell you that by witnessing Mr. Ayers's courage, his humility, his faith in the power of his art, I've learned the dignity of being loyal to something you believe in. Of holding onto it, above all else. Of believing, without question, that it will carry you home. "


I am never usually too excited when it's Luke's turn to pick out the movie. (Maybe that's why I always fall asleep...heh, jk, boyfriend) But last night I was very pleased with Luke's choice.

The movie just drove home one concept that I am most passionate about. Being a friend.
Simple as that. No hidden agendas. No diagnoses. No saving. No Savior complexes.
Just simply being there.

Love it.


(*p.s. you know those people that like to be friends with other people just so they can rub off on them, or save them, or change their life...only to add one more "soul saved" to their soul save journal count? That's what I refer to as a Savior complex. Wanting to be someone's savior instead of loving them the way the true Savior did. make sense? good.)

No comments: